Python, SQL, Management
About the company
The company is a subsidiary company of $9-billion food sector player Dot Holdings, which is hiring! They are a fast-growing data tech company operating a fully integrated food Operating System (fOS), and constructing the future solution for large-scale food ordering.
They have been disrupting the food industry to provide a personalized customer experience while dramatically reducing operational food waste. As a B2B company, they proudly deliver pioneering software solutions to global food industry leaders.
Their culture is founded on mutual respect and accountability, which allows them to deliver the best possible solutions as a team. They are globally based, fully remote (some domestic travel may be required for this role), and excited by their efforts and the products they are building.
Why join this company?
- 100% Agile, 100% Remote
- Make a meaningful product with a big purpose to support healthy eating and reducing waste
- Professional growth in a small team of really skilled, really nice folks
About the position
If you are someone who enjoys a dynamic environment and wants to make an impact on the team, product, and beyond, get in touch!
- Fluent Spoken and Written English.
- Communication, team worker, time management, and proactivity, self-starter.
Responsibilities & Required and desirable qualifications
These are a few of the responsibilities this position holds:
- Collaborate with management and cross-functional teams to deliver a data and platform architecture that meets
- corporate demands and data security standards.
- Propose solutions, plan and own strategy to solve specific operational platform and data architecture and pipelines
- Understand and optimize how data moves throughout the organization.
- Establish a data architecture from the ground up by maintaining an inventory of all the data and pipelines and a plan to
- develop and implement it.
- Determine what additional data management technologies are required based on current systems and resources.
- Examine what improvements and updates are required for the current data infrastructure.
- Create, design, document, and deploy database systems and applications.
- Manage data in a cloud-based environment. Create database models from scratch.
- Ensure that guidance is available to staff on developing and enforcing data development standards.
- Ensure that data is accurate, intact, and accessible.
- Maintain a data management system that is continually tested, modified, and reported.
They’re looking for someone who has:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, IT, or a closely related discipline, master’s degree in data science or computer science.
- 5+ years experience in data modeling and design, as well as SQL development and database administration.
- 5+ years experience in Python, and one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, PHP
- 5+ years experience in architecture design for data and platforms designs
- Experience with cloud computing (ie. Google Cloud Platform/AWS)
- Nice to have: experience with machine learning and pipelines