Python, Flask, ETL
About the company
The company is a subsidiary company of $9-billion food sector player Dot Holdings, and is hiring! They are a fast-growing data tech company operating a fully integrated food Operating System (fOS), and constructing future solution for large-scale food ordering.
They have been disrupting the food industry to provide a personalized customer experience while dramatically reducing operational food waste. As a B2B company, they proudly deliver pioneering software solutions to global food industry leaders.
Their culture is founded on mutual respect and accountability, which allows them to deliver the best possible solutions as a team. They are globally based, fully remote (some domestic travel may be required for this role), and excited by their efforts and the products they are building.
Why join this company?
- 100% Agile, 100% Remote
- Make a meaningful product with a big purpose to support healthy eating and reducing waste
- Professional growth in a small team of really skilled, really nice folks
About the position
If you are someone who enjoys a dynamic environment and wants to make an impact on the team, product, and beyond, get in touch!
- Data pipelines and ETL: Airflow/Dagster or similar orchestration tools
- Python, REST API (flask), Pandas
- SQL and relational databases
- Automation, cron, bash, Jenkins
- Functional programming and unit testing
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, PubSub, BigQuery
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Interest in supporting data science, machine learning, and their applications
- Familiar with CI/CD
- Data Flow/Apache Beam
Responsibilities & Required and desirable qualifications
These are a few of the responsibilities this position holds:
- Partner with data scientists, data engineers, and other dev/engineers to deliver seamless data integration pipelines and
- maintain cutting-edge data science products
- Technical handling of data integrations with external sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality, reliability, and availability
- Object-oriented design, pure programming, test-driven development, and adhering to best practices
- Write clean, organized, documented, and maintainable Python code and perform regular code maintenance
- Deliver quality solutions both individually and as part of a team
They’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering or ETL pipelines development/maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work remotely and take initiative
- Enjoy working in multicultural teams and collaborating on projects
- Thirst for knowledge, naturally curious, and interested in continuous learning
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies