React Native, Vue.js, Ruby, Java
About the company
The company was created by brokers for brokers.
They allow employers and employees to confidently navigate Health Care Reform while saving money. Their software-as-a-service solution presents employers with health care coverage strategies, helping them evaluate, refine, and ultimately execute the coverage plan that delivers the greatest benefit to the company and its employees.
The company educates and guides employees throughout the insurance selection process, relieving them from the stress and confusion associated with buying an affordable plan that covers the doctors they want and the care they need.
About the position
We are looking for an excellent senior software engineer to join a fast-paced team building tools and end-user applications to help people enroll in and use insurance. The tools are used by insurance agents across the country to quote and enroll small companies and individuals, and by individuals to more easily engage with their healthcare.
This position will work primarily on building and deploying iOS and Android applications using React Native.
Our other tools are built on Vue.js, Ruby, Java, and MongoDB; familiarity with UNIX is a plus. We use an informal agile approach to organize our development and remain flexible as requirements (and laws) change.
The position requires quick learning, a drive to excel, patience for complex details, and very strong software development skills. It also requires good communications skills, and a level of comfort working with product managers and designers, as well as QA engineers.
We are a small, tightly-knit team, and the ability to develop a positive working relationship with all members of the team is a requirement.
These are a few of the responsibilities this position holds:
- Build excellent software as part of a team, with an emphasis on UI development
- Implement pixel-perfect UI’s that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party APIs.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure code quality
- Work closely with the product team to ensure accurate execution of the design
- Participate in insurance rate data management and tracking
- Build strong positive relationships with the rest of the team to make communication easier
- Take personal ownership of meeting deadlines, requirements, and milestones on time
Demonstrated knowledge and required education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- 5+ years’ software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- Hands-on experience with React tools like Webpack, Enzyme, React.js, Flux, and Redux
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, Java, Vue.js, Ruby, MongoDB, and UNIX is a plus
Specific competencies and performance metrics
- Excellent software development skills
- Advanced communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem solving ability
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fluid work environment
- Professional and personable appearance and demeanor